Looking for a bikini bottom that will fit and flatter your best assets? Soleil Blue is here to help. We are known throughout the world for cultivating a collection of beautiful swimwear that any modern bohemian will want to wear again and again. We offer a wide variety of brands and styles to choose from, but finding the perfect bathing suit bottom is not as simple as it sounds. There are so many types of bikini bottoms out there that it can be difficult to choose what style best suits your unique body. In this guide, we explain some of the most popular styles of swim bottoms to help you in your search.
Styles of Swim Bottoms
Bikinis are traditionally slung low on the hips and provide a moderate amount of coverage, but boutique designers have revolutionized the way we bare our bottoms on the beach in recent years.
• Adjustable: Although string bikini bottoms may not be best to wear while you are surfing the waves or playing a friendly game of beach volleyball, they are optimal for perfecting your tan. Coverage varies depending on the cut and style of the suit, but you will typically find adjustable swim bottoms on the lower end of the scale.
• Boyshort: If you love the look of “boyfriend” clothing or even men’s briefs, you will love boyshort bikini bottoms. Boyshort bikinis are typically cut fairly straight across the legs and tend to be fuller around the hips to provide extra booty coverage. These stylish suit bottoms can complement women of all shapes and sizes.
• Brazilian: If you’re not afraid to show a little skin while soaking up the sun, Brazilian bottoms may be just the thing you have been looking for. Brazilian bottoms are skimpier than traditional bikinis but with some additional inches of fabric than a thong bikini. The suit’s silhouette forms a V from the waistband downward.
• High-Waist: Rock the retro look right along with the likes of Gigi Hadid, Taylor Swift, and other fashionable celebs. High-waisted bikini bottoms fall anywhere from an inch or so below the belly button to midway up the rib cage. Although they look conservative in design, you can find high-waisted swim bottoms in an array of coverage options.
• Hipster: Though similar to the boyshorts and high-waist style, Hipster bottoms typically have less than full coverage. Instead, they hug the hips with a thick band and sit medium-to-low rise below your natural waistline.
• Thong: With a few less inches of fabric than a Brazilian bikini, you can expect to bare it all when wearing a thong swim bottom. Thong bikini bottoms are excellent for minimizing those tan lines and showing off your best assets.
If you have any questions about this guide to the styles of swim bottoms, please contact us today to learn more!